We Are Hiring
Central Sterile Technician 3 - Sterile Processing 001 - Full-Time,Rotating - Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus - BU 34014 - Southfield,MI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to collect, decontaminate, store and distribute surgical instruments.
- Operates all sterilizing equipment following regulation directives.
- Assembles and maintains specific surgical instruments utilized throughout the facility.
- Inventories and reorders instruments and supplies.
- Performs all required quality assurance tests on equipment and maintains daily records.
- Distributes sterile and non-sterile supplies upon request or case cart requisition. Fills surgical case cart requisitions and operates cart lifts to provide instrumentation and surgical supplies used in the Operating Room.
- Sorts and inspects all instrumentation for cleanliness, proper function and breakage. Prepares items for terminal sterilization, high level and low level disinfection.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Sterile Processing Technician (STP) preferred.
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year sterile processing experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the \"EEO is the Law\" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Associated topics: ascp, hematopathology, lab, medical, sample collection, scientist, sterile processing technician, technician ii, technician iv, technician lab