Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patient's communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. At 40 locations, and with an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit
Oak Street Health takes a team-based approach to providing outstanding patient care. Our Service Team builds individual relationships with our patients and ensure they are happy with their experience. The Service Team is responsible for delivering excellent, high-touch assistance to our patients everyday.
Welcome Coordinators are an integral part of Oak Street Health. You will be the first impression we make on our patients. You will efficiently juggle many tasks: ownership of our Welcome and Community Areas, management of inbound and outbound phone calls, as well as managing patient referrals and medical records. We also expect you to be highly flexible, covering when needed in other local locations.
* Welcoming patients and conducting check-in with required forms * Collect co-pays * Updating patient information and making changes in electronic medical record platform * Scheduling appointments within electronic medical records platform * Managing phone lines by answering, taking messages, and conducting outbound calls as instructed * Managing patient referrals by scheduling those appointments and completing authorizations * Requesting medical records, routing documents to clinical staff for review, and uploading documents into electronic medical record platform * Assisting new patients with paperwork * Assisting with community room events * Other duties as assigned
The Welcome Coordinator reports to the Practice Manager
What we're looking for
* A flexible and positive attitude * A welcoming and nurturing attitude toward our patient population of older adults * Strong computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel. * Experience in customer service setting * Professional phone etiquette * High level of integrity * Proficient PC skills * College degree preferred, some college required * Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where necessary) * US work authorization * Someone who embodies being \"Oaky\"
What does being \"Oaky\" look like?
* Radiating positive energy * Assuming good intentions * Creating an unmatched patient experience * Driving clinical excellence * Taking ownership and driving for results * Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
* Collaborative and energetic culture * High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement * Competitive benefits; including paid vacation/sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.