The successful candidate will provide microbiological subject-matter expertise within the department, and drive continuous improvement initiatives in support of viable and non-viable monitoring in classified environments as well as support associated laboratory operations. The successful candidate will be part of a specialized dynamic team that interacts with multiple levels and departments throughout the organization to drive change and ensure the high quality and continued supply of life-saving pharmaceuticals to the market.
* The successful candidate will become a subject matter expert on the laboratory operations needed to support viable and non-viable environmental monitoring in a highly regulated and controlled GMP manufacturing environment.
* The candidate will assist in the overall operation of the laboratory including: review and approval of environmental monitoring results, submission of microbial isolates for identification, continuous improvement of current processes and methods, assisting with daily/weekly scheduling of laboratory technicians and contractors, overseeing qualification of new laboratory equipment, ordering lab supplies, evaluation of testing and lab practices against regulatory standards to ensure continued compliance, assisting with deviation investigations and corrective action/preventative action creation and execution, and creation and revision of standard operating procedures.
* The candidate will be responsible for individual contributions to achieve team deliverables. May perform work independently, or as an integral member of a team.
* Interacts with other team members in the laboratory, within the Microbiology department, and with colleagues from other departments (Operations, Quality, and Regulatory).
* B.S. Degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Immunology or other related specialized biological science.
* Experience (3+ years) in a similar role within the Pharmaceutical and/or Bio-Pharmaceutical Industry (or comparable GLP/GMP Laboratory setting).
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* A demonstrated ability to organize time independently, be able to perform several tasks concurrently (ability to multi-task), and be able to meet objectives in a flexible, team-oriented environment.
* A passion for continuous improvement, excellent project management skills, and experience driving critical projects to completion within agreed upon timelines.
* In-depth knowledge of viable and non-viable environmental monitoring during pharmaceutical manufacturing and an understanding of aseptic techniques is a plus.
* Experience defending laboratory practices in regulatory audits is preferred.
* Experience leading continuous improvement projects is a plus.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
* Last Date to Apply: March 8, 2019
* Eligible for Relocation Package
* Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Associated topics: bacteria, biology, biotechnology, life science, metabolism, pathophysiology, physiology, protein, stem cell, virus