The Shift Manager is accountable for leading the Restaurant Associate staff to deliver Steak 'n Shake operational and financial standards on scheduled shifts. The Shift Manager has accountability on his/her shift for the correct delivery of Steak 'n Shake procedures, policies and specification which deliver the highest quality burgers and shakes along with extending great service to our Guests.
Requirements and Other Information:
* 18 years or older
* Valid Driver's License
* Reports to the General Manager
* Non-exempt position eligible for overtime
* Execute a daily review of all areas of the restaurant ? ensuring the facility is radiant, the associates are motivated, the stations are appropriately set up / re-stocked for meal periods, and constantly moving through the restaurant coaching and directing associates to ensure quality adherence and speed standards are achieved.
* Ensure food is properly stored and prepared in compliance with food safety regulations and recipe adherence.
* Maintain strict compliance with health, safety and security standards and procedures.
* Enforce Company safety, anti-harassment, and anti-discrimination policies.
* Effectively interact with Guests to ensure we exceed their expectations by providing guests the highest quality food and great service. Immediately address Guest concerns and complaints.
* Create a positive team environment with knowledgeable associates working together through shift huddles and ongoing coaching.
* Assign and verify all side work is accurately and efficiently completed.
* Maintain strict adherence to the cash handling and banking policies and procedures.
* Identify and report risk management situations ? e.g. slip/fall reporting, employee injury, food quality/food-based illness, etc.
* Comply with and enforce Company dress and appearance standards.
* Ability to communicate effectively with and manage various vendors (e.g. landscapers, window cleaners, etc.)
* Any other operations task as determined by Company leadership.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.